Wednesday 27 April 2011

Signature Style


I have a lot of admiration for people with strong signature styles – Emmanuelle Alt (all Balmain and skinny jeans), Garance Dore (Classic boy meets girl in stunning heels), even Giovanna Battaglia (one of my faves –so ott italiano).  All have strong looks that you can instantly identify as theirs.  I didn’t feel that I had that strong signature style – being more of an Anna Della Russo – kid in a candy store – love it all!

Garance Dore
Emannuelle Alt



Giovanna Battaglia

Since starting this blog I have realised I actually do have more of a signature style look than I thought.  It is teaching me to hone my style and go with what I feel good in rather than all the fashion playing I do which can lead to fashion mistakes – great if I wear them but not if I don’t!

I love a trench – I mean love them and have rather a few – if there is a sale and there is a trench in my size it is mine and I usually buy one every season as well, so over the years I have managed to collect quite a few!  


Celine Trench


 Golden Goose Trench

I also love a statement shoe – the higher the better – me and the super wedge are becoming firm friends this season – I have even asked my husband for a particularly spectacular pair for our wedding anniversary coming up!


 Dior Shoe, Club Monaco Trench

I love fitted shapes – and below or on the knee dresses – clothes that flatter are something I have learned to love a lot as I have got older.  I have quite a lot of shorter items bought over the years and by sheer bent of having them and that they are lovely pieces I will wear them but I wont be buying anymore and the day will come when I will move to the new length completely.  My only bug bear with this length is that it is predominantly a high heel length I feel but I am going to experiment and see if I can make a flat work (as I do walk a lot and my back does not appreciate it in high heels!)

What are your signature looks? xx



All images courtesy or Garance Dore and the Sartorialist 



2 comments:

  1. I don't have a signature look, I'm still working on it! I do know that I love bright colours, stripes and bold patterns, the 'minimal' look is not for me. I am currently in the process of trying to work out what really suits me! I have 3 large dogs, but unlike Frank, mine have no respect for clothes, shoes - or scatter cushions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arent we all Jennifer - but it is such fun learning - thanks for the comment and good luck with the dogs - we love them so much even if they are naughty!! x

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover