Tuesday 13 September 2011

Fashion and Franks Fave Fashionistas - Shala Monroque

Well its the beginning of the week and smack bang into the wonderful fashion madness that we know as fashion week - in light of this - i wanted to share one of my most fashion fabulous fashionistas - the inimitable Ms Shala Monroque!  Unofficial Muse to Miuccia Prada, former editor of Pop Magazine, and soon launching her own venture with Dasha Zhukova, Garage Jain.  Full of attitude and confidence she has an uncanny eye for colour and pattern and is always a standout from the crowd. xx


This is how to do double denim - an easy day look yet so special - with that pop of red - denim and red are one of my fave colour combos


Fresh from the new york shows - stunning use of colour - goes to our trend of colour matching - yet highlighted by the perfect shade of brown - again a great colour match - brown and blue


Stunning use of colour with pattern finished with great accessories


Winter perfection, love the shoes - perfect


All black but so far from boring - she has actually succeeded in making black into a colour and Hello Hat!


Prada-licious


My all time fave - from the recent couture shows - from the delfina delettrez cuff to the yellow skirt to that totally stunning smile - i love it! x

Take a note these are the hardworking individuals that took these shots


Images from top to bottom in order -  Citizen Couture, All the Pretty Birds, Citizen Couture, All the Pretty Birds, Candice Lake, Streetfsn, All the Pretty Birds


PS


A big thank you to Little Rus for the gorgeous peace doll that i won in her giveaway x

21 comments:

  1. her style is so classy but fresh and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does know how to do denim on denim. Love the skirt in 3rd photo and the last image is my favourite too. Very inspiring, Claire. Hope you have a wonderful day! xoxo
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I want to run out and buy a denim shirt like that right now!
    I love how different each look us, I'm such a dull dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jeanne - i think you just summed it up perfectly x

    Ada i am so with you and you too x

    I know Tabitha you and me both and you are so not dull - strong sense of your own style - which suits you and looks so good - seriously should we all be so lucky to own our own fashion identity x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last shot is in my inspiration file on my PC as well. She look stunning and because of this I'm so creaving denim shirt and beautiful skirt. So effortless chic!

    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE her in what you called 'winter perfection'. She has such amazing style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes yes! She is wonderful. What I love most is that she has a carefree look, not too fussy. She always looks well put together without looking over the top. Great style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. one of the top ten favourites for streetstyle photographers and i can see why.

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's gorgeous, not only she dresse so good, but she is a beautiful woman. My fave... the last one, love how denim looks with mustard!
    xx
    mariale
    My Fashion Bug

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice colors of outfits..
    So wonderful and amazing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved that last photo from the moment I first saw it. This lady sure has style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is GORGEOUS! I love her style!!!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love her style!!! she is definetly a muse, mine and ms muiccia!!!<3
    I adore that u are always posting about a style icon!

    xxx
    www.bohemianbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great sense of style and an inspiration for the lovers of bright colours. Third picture and the Prada-licious are my favourite looks.

    http://notjustaprettydress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the outfits and I agree with your comments. I love pops of colors with neutrals and basics. Also, love the concept of tone on tone colorblocking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my that dior bag is still a hit! love the bourbon color! fabulous compilation girl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the outfits they are so special and adorable ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is stunning and very elegant. I would love to photograph her. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. love her too!! she has a unique style!
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover