Thursday 15 September 2011

Candice Lake Made Me buy this Cape

Also known as the first of Fashion and Franks' Fabulous Fashion Myths and Legends

How cool is that!  Want to know more?? Me and my friend Becks, very long week, end of sales Saturday - retail therapy sorely on the cards.  Been to Prada, bought a pair of shoes (well to be truefull bought two) Becks wants to go to Marni - i am like Nooo i have spent all my money - she says just to look - i am like yeah thats really going to happen - but i have the fashion will power of a flea so of course within a nano second i  am ooh-ing and aah-ing in Marni!  

Once firmly inside and browing away I spot a gorgeous tall blonde who strongly resembles Candice Lake (we had corresponded a couple of times over a post i did) at the same point as i spot this lovely piece of sheepskin perfection!  Lots of squealing (me and Becks) ooh-ing and aah-ing (you get the picture) when said gorgeous leggy Aussie comes up to me and says 'you know you have to get that cape' i say 'is your name Candice' she says (looking a little taken aback) 'yeees' i say 'its Claire from Fashion and Frank' huge squeals all round, lots of fashion gabble, mutual shoe purchases admired and well i had to buy this cape!! 

The sequel to Candice leaving, me sweating in a sheepskin cape, all fashion heart pumping, in ridiculously high heels so very, very chuffed and excited!  Dinner was 2 glasses of champagne and bar snacks - how fashion fabulous am I (tongue firmly in cheek!!)






I wore this last Friday to a pub farewell to my lovely sister and brother in law and my 2 darling nephews - they have moved to Stockholm and i will miss them loads and loads - so Ade, Mimi, Alex and my lovely Leo - Frankie and Auntie Claire send lots of big love xxxxxx


Cape Marni, Old Miu Miu blouse, my very favourite Chloe jeans, Celine wedges and end of sale bargain 70% off Marc Jacobs bag which is a new love 




40 comments:

  1. Love the cape (great mix of fabrics and textures) and love Marni. I always manage to find a good excuse, ehmmm reason to buy one of Consuelo Castiglioni's creations...And Claire, one day we need to go shopping together...

    http://notjustaprettydress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. NJaPD - that would be so much fun - i never need too many excuses myself - but when a fashion icon deems it - it has to be done - or at least thats my excuse!! x

    Thank you VPV x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cape, Claire! Oh, the Chloe jeans again. You look fabulous, craving every outfit of yours. ;) Loved this post, all smiles. Have a beautiful day! xoxo
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ada, i was smiling when writing and you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look, the picture, the backdrop and that's my kind of dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful! wonderful cape! you have a wonderful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Anula - very kind of you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cape is lovely on you with those jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're cape is beautiful; a definitely a timeless piece :)

    -Also your picture at the top of your blog is incredible; an amazing shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, as always. Please tell me how you trained Frank not to jump up and spoil all your lovely clothes ;o))
    Best wishes, Jennifer & Co x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Claire and Frankie

    You will have to visit your family in Stockholm now and who knows what shopping spree that will entail!
    The cape is stunning and I bet you will wear it frequently
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. loove this look:)pants are gorgeous!!

    Patchwork à POrter

    ReplyDelete
  13. that cape is beyond gorgeous! so glad you got it ;) it really does say your name! :)

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW what a gorgeous cape!!!! And frank is super fabulous too!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the mix of textures and yes the cape is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my what a perfect post, it is like i am taking a step back into time! even your hair screams 70's and i love it! i am completely in love with that gorgeous jacket! i want want want

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey you know what Mrs K i think i was channeling my inner Farah!! Oohoo get me! xx

    He is Francesca - super fab x

    Neris thanks i thought so too x

    And thank you everyone for your lovely comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cape is beyond amazing... but reading your little story is probably all the more amazing! Those are the little wonderful moments us women share together arent they?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this post! I adore the sheepskin cape and will just have to live vicariously through you as it will never be cold enough to wear anything remotely that warm here. And you have on those jeans again!

    p.s. I am leaning toward the zip bag myself!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  20. So exciting! I LOVE the vest. It looks so cozy! PS-Can you explain to the American what "chuffed" means? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this look on you! You look great!


    XO

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those Chloe jeans look amazing on you. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love the back story to this. you look great in this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a funny sweet adorable story and a pick into your fab life. You look gorgeous on this photos (please let Frank know that he looks very handsome and me and Oscar send him kisses) and I love the outfit and the new cape very much.
    xxx

    P.S. Sorry for a slight delay with posting your little doll to you - had a few crazy days over here and also totally failed to find a perfect wrapping paper, so all will be send on Monday first thing. :)
    P.P.S. You seem to live only about 15 miles from us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm loving your Farah Fawcett hair and those bell bottom jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Candice is so lovely. That was great advice she gave you. It is beautiful. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. It was a great purchase!!!! Ur friends are wise, cause u look amazing with it!!!
    Love! <3

    xxx
    www.bohemianbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this!!! I really would like to see your outfit in a bigger picture, i think your blouse has a nice print but i cannot see it very well...I need some jeans like yours!!!

    http://www.fashionindahat.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the photos and the outfit! Of course Frank looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the whole story about how you get the cape, great thing you bought it, because is so cool!
    And i have to say, you look pretty darn good, very seventies...
    xx
    mariale
    My Fashion Bug

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great pictures, I love the jeans, VERY CUTE!

    -Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE your style ! Absolutely adorable!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  33. so great style!! And I must to say... I love your hair!! haha!


    kisses and have a nice weekend!


    Adrien Loren

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing. Simply amazing coat.

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow, what an amazing outfit! you look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This look is amazing, really !
    Love it .

    xoxox !
    http://the-mbook.blogspot.com/

    Love pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I hope you're having a lovely time at LFW! I just wanted to let you know that I spotted you on this blog! http://www.bloglovin.com/m/1647629/294879732/a/0/aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnd3dy5ueWFuemkuY29tJTJGMjAxMSUyRjA5JTJGbG9uZG9uLWZhc2hpb24td2Vlay1zcHJpbmdzdW1tZXItMjAxMl8xOS5odG1s

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover