Thursday 4 April 2013

Vogue.co.uk, street chic

Hello all from a freezing cold Sussex, snow falling, April!  Seriously - i would add to the snow falling, my nose dripping! Tooo much .......

I have a whole post prepared about my new brand which i will post next week when the man, frank and I have had time for some piccies.

In the meantime, on Tuesday on my way to Saville Row to see the most amazing fabrics, Holland and Sherry (but that is another whole new post), i bumped into the wonderful Dvora at Fashionistable who shoots for vogue, street chic amongst others and always gets my heart beating faster come fashion weeks, not to mention her blog posts.

Dvora has taken my pic before for vogue, during my blogging hiatus so i thought i would share both pics with you, wish you a very good weekend, its nearly here, and some warmer weather to those of us suffering freezing temps in the northern hemisphere xxx



I have to say i love this shot - thank you Dvora - for a better looky - you can see all the details really clearly - here's the link vogue.co.uk


and again, for the above shot the link is, vogue.co.uk, october 12


The outfits are both designed by me, and the first is very typical of what i am working at the moment - a lot of checks, british heritage fabrics, feminine with strong traditional tailoring influences.  

In both shots the shoes are Miu Miu, and the bags are respectively Miu Miu and Chanel, the hat is Borsolino and the shawl is MaxMara xx

21 comments:

  1. No comments yet, so let me be number one!!! Love the photo's Dvora took. Have seen the second one before. Think both outfits are great and very stylish, suit you so well. Think that was the super eats and drink place at the back of the Royal Academy. Look forward to seeing next week's blog. It snowed in April whilst in Maternity ward with you as a baby!!! Luv, M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go and there was me thinking it was global warming! xx

      Delete
  2. I love your designs...especially the textures of the fabrics.
    Do tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hostess it is all in the fabric - i think that is where i start with my designs - i love texture and colour but not particularly vibrant in fact it takes a lot for me to love a vibrant print - the one in my last post pre blogging break - is the only one i have ever really gone for - but give me an old fashioned, dogtooth, check or a boucle - and lace - i have so much lace to show you for the summer with eyelet fabrics too - anyway i get carried away - thanks so much for commenting xx

      Delete
  3. Strangely F&F we have the same hair colour and cut! Do you get yours done in London too? I'm looking for a new good salon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Curator - the elusive - fab hairdresser - my hairdresser and he is really fab is Dan - he owns a salon in Reigate in Surrey called Dare - i have been with him for about 12/13 years - he is really really good xx

      Delete
  4. Claire & Curator - well then I am loving both of your mops, that's a glorious colour. How are you two achieving that artful tousle?

    I can't wait to read more about your ideas, let me know when you're posting it and I'll put up a link to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my artful tousle - curlers heated onto slightly damp hair - leave in for a good couple of hours - brush as you take out on the end only - sleep on it - only brush ends - sometimes - fabilish - sometimes not so! hair huh!

      thank you so much Tabitha sure will - most kind xxx

      Delete
  5. I love your sense of style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent outfits and I love your shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both - so loving these miu miu i can walk in you shoes with enough height to give you a little lift! have a good weekend xx

      Delete
  7. Oh my! These look great. Everything I like: great use of color, texture, tailoring, and very stylishly accessored. Your line is gonna be a big hit. Please get it into Chicago asap.
    What is that fabric called on the bottom outfit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be very good - UK first huh? thanks so much - the fabric at the bottom is boucle xx

      Delete
  8. Claire, I spotted your picture on Vogue UK and I was so happy (the Street Chic section is one of my favourite and a daily reading...)! You and Dvora are a great duo! Both ensemble are really exquisite and you are a great ambassador for your brand and style! Caterina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is one of my faves too! Always checking it - Dvora does such a good job - thanks so much caterina xxx

      Delete
  9. Welcome back, Claire! I have missed you and your fabulous style! No wonder I find you in the pages of Vogue. :) You look stunning and it seems that I have to learn more about your designs. xo
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ada - how lovely to hear from you and thank you so much for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  10. Claire, I just found your blog and I am very impressed by your style!
    Looking forward to your future posts.

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Annette - lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos look amazing and I LOVE your designs! looking forward to see more of them! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover